2019 AUCCCO 12th Annual Conference
Call for Programs
Submit your proposal by January 29, 2019
Counseling Center Outreach professionals from across the nation will gather in New Orleans, June 5th-7th to celebrate the 12th Annual Association for University and College Counseling Center Outreach (AUCCCO) conference. New Orleans is a city rich in cultural history, known as the birthplace of jazz, famous for its creole cuisine, architecture, and celebrations – most notably, Mardi Gras. As we prepare to convene in the Crescent City, we invite you to share your work with others by presenting at the conference. This is a great opportunity to grow together, learn from one another, and find support for our collective efforts. Under the theme “Big Ideas in the Big Easy,” we encourage proposal submissions that reflect some of our biggest ideas, though they may often appear small in the beginning or have the biggest impact on just a few people. What “Big Ideas” have led to established outreach efforts on our campuses, fostered connections both on and off campus, and exemplified outreach as prevention and intervention. We look forward to a conference program that embodies the diversity, uniqueness, vibrancy, and spirit of NOLA.
Possible topics for consideration might include, and are not limited to, the following:
- Your biggest & best outreach initiatives
- Innovative, creative, & imaginative outreach efforts
- Incorporating music, art, and/or food to enhance outreach programming
- Cultural considerations and outreach with under-represented populations
- Outreach and the use of technology and social media
- Meeting outreach needs at varying sized institutions
- Self-care strategies for the outreach professional
- Implementing sustainable outreach initiatives
- Outreach strategies for off-campus and commuter students
- Creative ways to integrate outreach into the training program
- Addressing the Big picture – current climate & needs in college mental health
- The role of peer educators in outreach
- Successfully navigating the challenges of consultation
- Outreach program management/administration
- Big ideas on a small budget
- Engaging others across campus in outreach efforts - effective collaboration with other units/departments
- Future directions in outreach given mental health trends & clinical demand
There are three options for presenting at this conference:
- 60-minute presentations in a traditional format.
- 90 minute presentations in a traditional format involving multiple presenters or panel format (we anticipate having 4 slots available for the longer presentations).
- Showcase: A creative exhibition format highlighting innovative outreach programming and the opportunity to network with outreach colleagues. Showcase presenters will each have a table to display materials and engage participants. The exhibition hall will be structured in an open format to allow participants to network, share ideas, and learn from presenters and one another. There will be no other presentations occurring at this time. All conference attendees will be invited to attend the Showcase.
Audio/Video equipment provided: AUCCCO will provide a projector for presentations and can provide a laptop. Any unique A/V requests can be made with the submission of your proposal.
The deadline for proposals is Tuesday, January 29th. You will be notified of the status of the proposal by February 25th.
Note: If your proposal is accepted, the presentation title, presenter information, and abstract you provide will be included in the conference program, so please be sure the information you submit is accurate. All accepted presenters are expected to pay full conference registration fees.
To submit your conference proposal, you will need to provide the following information:
For each presenter (primary and co-presenters):
For each presentation the following information will be needed:
- CV/Vita (upload)
We very much look forward to receiving your proposals and we thank you in advance for having the interest and taking the time to submit your program! If you have questions or any problems accessing the form, please be in touch with AUCCCO Office, firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-635-4755.
- Session Topic
- Instructional Level
- Abstract - 200 word maximum
- Learning Objectives (minimum of 2)
- Research Citations (minimum of 3)
- Primary Presenter credentials